The Filipino LGBT Europe warmly welcomes the new addition to our growing family during the Special Board Meeting conducted yesterday, Jan. 28, 2019 in our headquarters in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Ryan Aquino was appointed as the Secretary of the foundation. Aquino has previously worked in the Out and Proud Committee, which is responsible for the campaign in celebrating one’s sexuality by accepting their unique individualities.
Chei Billedo, currently the foundation’s Academic Advisor and Aris Ibarando, Legal Advisor, were also appointed members of the board.
The team has also been strengthened with the appointment of new talented and passionate heads of Committees.
- Committee on Marriage Equality – Marlon Lacsamana
- Committee on HIV Awareness – Ron Licht
- Committee on Fundraising – Johnny Cacatian
- Committee on Events – Ernie Medina
- Committee on Trans Issues – Kaye Candaza
- Out & Proud Committee – Ryan Aquino
- Social Media Manager – Luna Obcial
- Press Officer – Hon Sophia Balod
On Feb. 10, the team will conduct a visioning and planning workshop which will shape the structure and goals of the Foundation for the coming years.
“Our group is getting bigger and the enthusiasm of individuals from our community to help and do something is stronger. The “bayanihan” spirit continues to live in the hearts of Filipino LGBTs in Europe,” Chris Sta. Brigida, chairman and founder of Filipino LGBT Europe said.
Author: Hon Sophia Balod, Press Officer
Photo from left to right: Chris Sta Brigida, Ernie Medina, Chei Billedo, Johnny Cacatian, & Ryan Aquino